Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sometimes I'm Preppy + Pink


Madewell is like the store of my ultimate fantasies- and I say fantasies because most of the time, if not always, everything is way out of my budget. So inevitably I am left dreaming about that perfect store in the sky, as I weep on the ground just grasping at the air in vain. It really is that desperate. Madewell is known as J Crew's "little sibling", and it is amazing because it utilizes it's sister store's preppy mentality while throwing in it's own bits and bobs of retro and edge. Sprinkle of Americana here, dash of rock there... I'm well pleased. 

Camel striped jumper by Madewell, black tank dress by American Apparel, black patent oxfords.

 This beyond-adorable nude leather bow headband with hardware stud detailing is by J Crew. This headband is the perfect concoction of equal parts cute and punk, and the nude tone keeps the entire accessory easy to wear, and downplays the possibility of way too much going on. Lipstick is MAC's Speak Louder, the most flattering everyday pink.

PLUS!! 
Also digging this vibrant hot pink lipstick by Tarina Tarantino, "Fuchsia Lining". It's a sheer lipstick that, when applied with a heavier hand, really packs a color punch. It's conditioning, has a light pretty gloss to it, and what's more... comes in the siiiickest chrome packaging.
http://images.bloom.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/G/S/GS006815.jpg
Awesome, no?

-Ellen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...